- As I am fiddling with the knobs on my shower to get just the right temperature for my shower, there are people in this world who have no running water in their homes.
- As I adjust the gauges in my car to make my ride home the most comfortable it can be, there are many people with no vehicles, no way to work, to buy groceries, to go to the doctor…
- As I groan because I barely had money to eat out three times after paying all my bills, there are people who struggle to pay their bills, and those who can’t pay them.
- As I complain about my house which needs some paint and a few repairs here and there, there are people who live under bridges and in alleyways.
- As I wish for more money to buy new bedroom furniture, there are people who sleep on concrete.
I could go on…and on…but you see what I’m saying. Lord, forgive me for murmuring and complaining, and remind me daily to be even more thankful than I was the day before.
Today is all we have to deal with for these next twenty-four hours. We should manage it thoughtfully and wisely, and quit letting the worries of tomorrow interfere with enjoying today. We can walk through whatever trials come our way if we remember we only have to deal with today. Remember that the God who created you didn’t leave you to fend for yourself, but He has promised to provide for us and protect us. I am so thankful.
May you be blessed beyond your expectations.